Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy Weekend Linky Love

My House :)

The kids and I had a wonderful little getaway at my sister's house this weekend :) We headed off on Saturday morning did some shopping around the city and then met up with my mom and dad at a great little restaurant for my mom's birthday. It was such a nice treat as we very rarely go to a restaurant. We usually pack our lunches and snacks with us to save money :)

Our evening was spent catching up, watching movies, sleeping over, and laughing at each others crazy bedhead in the morning *grin*.

Our little house is still engulfed in snow and traversing our long driveway has been a bit of a challenge with melting slushy snow and hard ice underneath but the sun came out for a bit and the gravel below is starting so show up in some of the tire tracks. Maybe tomorrow it won't take me two tries to get up the hill and out :)

Still White

Below are some of my favorite links that I have come across in the last couple of weeks :)

A delicious looking version of a Fig Newton Bar that I want to try

I am in love with the glow of these Dodecahedron Star Lanterns. We're definitely going to be making some of these!

Definitely need to keep my eyes open for an old folding basket so I can recover it like this one for my knitting basket. LOVE the half dresden plate :)

If you haven't seen this Children of the Forest Playset then you really must check it out. So inspiring!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Rosina

4 comments:

Jennifer Hoots said...

You need a snow plow! I am so glad you were able to get away to your sister's home and celebrate your mom's special day too. :-) Happy, happy!

Grace said...

What a beautiful place to get away.

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Thanks Grace :) The photo is actually of my house :) I just love how it looks surrounded with snow and the sunlight hitting it with those ominous clouds behind *grin*.

Hi Jenn :) My dad comes over with the backhoe but if he goes to deep he rips up the gravel road beneath so there's always a layer on top that usually ends up super slushy or frozen with ice :) It doesn't last to long though before tracks wear through it and then we run in the ruts *grin*.

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

You've a ton of snow right now!