Friday, January 14, 2011

Snow Sculptures & Candle Light

Snow Angel

The other day when I was reading Marcia's blog Child in Harmony she had shared a wonderful snow sculpture of a bird that she had made and invited others to join in :) When I mentioned it to the children they were completely gung ho to create something that we could share with her family so we got busy!

I decided to create a snow angel with a crown of Japonica blooms upon her head and her arms folded nicely together in front of her...

Snow Angel

to create a little nook for seed to go for the winter birds. I loved how Marcia's had a little hideaway for seed so I just had to do it to *grin*.

Bird Sculpture

Sticking with the bird theme my 7 year old created this fantastic bird sculpture. She was so happy with how it turned out :)

Snow Feeder

Next she went on to create a little birdie hotel complete with a bird seed cafe on the top surrounded with a little bit of camouflage bush and a cozy little nook in the bottom with a comfy leaf nest :)

Angel light

This evening we took a candle outside for our snow angel to hold and lit it. She was so pretty glowing in the dark outside of our family room window. So wonderfully peaceful to sit and watch it flicker and dance as it illuminated her face.

Hopefully the snow will stay just a little bit longer so that we can enjoy a few more nights of our glowing angel before she melts away :)

Hugs,
Rosina

15 comments:

Sandpiper said...

What a beautiful snow angel!! Someone in our neighbourhood built a snow 'cat'. My kids usually build forts.

Mrs A said...

Thank you so much for your comment our place is fine, only garages full of water, so we are lucky compared to others, esp being so close to the river. The offending sashing on the quilt has been ordered into place! i love those snow sculptures, just lovely!

Amy Friend said...

How beautiful and inspirational too! We have over a foot of the white stuff at the moment. I should try to get the kids to help me make something if I can pull them away from the sledding fun.

marcia said...

Rosina, how simply BEAUTIFUL! I am inspired by you now. Great idea , great photos.



happy day!

nunu said...

what a cool idea. i just can't even imagine having a snow angel outside my door. no matter how grey it ever gets here it is never cold outside.

Grace said...

This gorgeous and magical. I hope the snow lady and the bird hotel last a few days longer.

Jennifer Hoots said...

Wow! I've never seen a more lovely angel.

Cheryl said...

Please snow! (Will I regret that?) Your snow angel is absolutely beautiful. I love the seed holders and the candle is magical. Thanks for sharing. And please send snow.

Jennifer Howard said...

These are so lovely!
I can't wait to make one with my kiddos. Thank you for inspiring as you always do.
In PEACE,
Jennifer

Lise said...

Beautiful! I love it so much, I want to make one just like it! Unfortunately, our snow is not packing snow...yet. Maybe after tonight's storm?

Unknown said...

I love the lit up snow sculpture...how fun!

Unknown said...

So gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I miss your posts :) Love this idea and shared it here http://siayla.blogspot.ca/2014/02/got-winter-try-these-snow-and-ice.html

sherry said...

My husband is back!!! I had a problem with my husband 8 months ago,which lead to us apart. When he broke up with me,I was no longer myself,I felt so empty inside .Until a friend of mine told me about one of her spells that helped her in same problem too that she found on a television program. i emailed the spell caster and I told him my problem and I did what he asked me. To cut the story short,Before I knew what was happening,not up to 48 hours,my husband gave me a call and he come back to me and told me he was sorry about what has happened, I'm so grateful to this spell caster and i will not stop publishing his name on the internet just for the good work he has done for me.If you need his help,you can email him at (ezizaspellhome@gmail.com)or tel +2347068534025.....thank you sir great Dr.EZIZA for all that you do and i greatly appreciate that.

Anonymous said...

air jordan
ggdb
goyard bags
palm angels hoodie
yeezy shoes
off white outlet
off white clothing
hermes bags
chrome hearts
fear of god