Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Yarn Along

A post of my current read and what is cast on my needles ~ Inspired by Ginny over at {Small Things}

Handwarmers

I just had to make one more pair of these handwarmers *grin*. I just love them so much :) This time I used a combination of Mohair and wool, two strands together and they are so beautifully fuzzy, soft and warm. I really hope my cousin loves them as much as I do. They are a late Christmas present as I was hoping to bump into her during the holidays but into the mail they went yesterday morning so that she can enjoy them before spring arrives!

Story time

I was hoping to get a photo of my handwarmers with what we're reading but mother nature just wasn't cooperating with my photo shoot plans *grin*. I'm reading a copy of Waldorf Education ~ A Family Guide and the children and I are enjoying the sweet illustrations and stories of Brambly Hedge Winter Story by Jill Barklem.

The power went out again last night right after dinner so we spent a blissfully silent evening, blanketed in snowflakes and reading by candle light :)

Hugs,
Rosina


22 comments:

Jarka said...

reading by candle light sounds beautiful...not very good for your eyes maybe, but beautiful :) ...and I love those handwarmers so I'm sure your cousin will love them too :) they look great and I love the combination of the colors :)

Anonymous said...

The depth of the colors in the yarn is fabulous! I love it!

Sarah said...

That pattern is great, isn't it?! I like the color/yarn combination you chose. So cozy!

Jennifer Hoots said...

Those will keep your cousin toasty warm. Nice job.

karen said...

I love the mitts! Great yarn combination and such a fantastic gift.

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

I love love love the way the colours came out on these! Beautiful!

Adele said...

I absolutely love the hand warmers! I really do. I think each person in my family could use some.

Sweetness and Light said...

Gorgeous, they are so pretty in that yarn! Happy New Year :)

Amy Friend said...

I love the handwarmers too! I think that they would be so useful. Nice job!

nunu said...

sounds cozy. i will have to make those handwarmers one day. they look like such a nice fit.

Andréann said...

we definitly can use some of those wrist warmer in here. They are beautiful, too!

It's been a really long time since we've been out of power... How wonderful not to ear any electric noise for some hours!

Wendy said...

Sounds like you had the perfect winter evening!

nocton4 said...

love BH books, such stunning pictures, great colour yarn too xx
happy days

Unknown said...

Those hand warmers are gorgeous!! Sorry you lost power, hope it didn't last too long.

Anne Marie said...

We enjoy the Brambley Hedge books too. Becautiful handwarmers!

Luisa said...

reading by canlight unexpected but calming. Love the colors of the handwarmers hope you get to see your cousin so she can enjoy them.

kendra said...

ooo, that woolly friend in the dark looks so much more magical that way! lovely stitchwork on the mitts!

Hopewell Creek Designs said...

I love your candle light photo! It makes me jealous that you had a cozy evening of winter silence. Being a huge fan of all things winter, your post and pic made my day!

Elisa said...

Wow. The hand-warmers are beautiful! The color and texture just look so fantastic.

I know what you mean about TV sucking the creativity out of the kids! I have seen the same thing happening. When I let them watch a program, they are cranky, bored, and restless the rest of the day. I try to keep it for "emergencies".

KnitterMama said...

Oh I love Brambley Hedge! And I have a copy of the Waldorf book you are reading, I just haven't read it yet! You really should watch Thirtysomething. It is fascinating to watch it while you are in the middle of it!

Jenna Millsap said...

Sounds quite peaceful. Love the handwarmers. Hopefully someday I will get over my fear of knitting and try to make some myself...lol.

erin said...

They are beautiful & the colors are just amazing. Love the lighting in your book photo, sounds like some great reads!