Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fluffy Tissue Easter Chicks ~ Kids Craft

Easter Chicks

Easter time's a coming, Easter time's a coming.... *grin*.

I loved making these fluffy tissue chicks when I was a little girl, twisting little bits of tissue paper on the end of my pencil and sticking them onto paper in the shapes of hearts, chicks and other animals. I'm seriously just like a little kid when it comes the crafting! I can't wait to get in there and cut and paste along with the kids no matter what the occasion LOL.

Tissue Easter Chick

Since Easter is actually just about here I thought we'd better get going on some special crafts! Out came the construction paper, odds and ends bits of tissue paper, pencils and glue and we got cutting :) This is such an easy craft with such cute end results that you've got to try it if you haven't before!

Cut any color of tissue paper into a whole lot of little 1.5 - 2 inch squares and then cut an egg shape out of construction paper or cardboard for each child plus yourself :) Next take one square of your tissue paper, place the eraser end of your pencil in the center of the square and pull up the sides of the paper and scrunch it all up around the end of your pencil.

Dipping

Dip the end of your pencil into the glue...

Tissue feathers

then press your pencil end with the gluey paper down onto your egg cutout and repeat :)

Easter Chick

You just keep squishing and sticking your scrunched up tissue paper to your cutout until you've filled the whole thing up and made yourself a fluffy little chicky :) We made ours look like our chicks were popping out of their shells on the bottom but you could even decorate them like easter eggs with different colored polka dots or waves and so on all over them. They make fantastic fronts for Easter cards to. So fun!! I just love the great 3D texture you get from all that tissue paper :)

I had a bit of yellow ribbon in the cupboard so I punched a hole in the top of each of them and threaded the ribbon through to hang them up in our family room window :) It was a good thing I wanted to hang them as it gave me incentive to finally take down the cinnamon stars that were hanging there from Christmas! I know I'm terrible aren't I *grin*.

Have fun making some :)

Hugs,
Rosina

8 comments:

house full of jays said...

Oh I remember these! So much fun!

I'm glad you still had Christmas decorations up...I still have hearts all over the place...

GianneCurry said...

New follower here at www.cowsgomooandducksgoquack.blogspot.com I love the beautiful things you do!

Gianne

MyKidsMake said...

cute idea!! they look adorable

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I loved doing this with tissue paper when we were little! What a great idea to make chicks, they came out so cute! Thanks tons for adding these to the One Pretty Thing Flickr pool, I'll be linking.

doaa nile7 said...

مشكلة انسداد المجاري من المشاكل التي يعاني منها نسبة كبيرة من الناس وغالبا ما يتعرضون لها سواء كان هذا في المنزل أو المسجد أو في الشركات وغيرها لكن هذا سيتوقف مع شركة بسمة الامجاد0554713207 التي تتعامل مع كافة المشاكل المتعلقة بتسليك المجاري وكشف التسربات وعزل الاسطح
شركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالدمام
معها ستتوقف المعاناة من انسداد الاحواض و انكسار المواسير و تسرب المياة من الجدران او من السقف خاصة أن تلك المشاكل قد تسبب مشاكل لا تتوقعها
شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
هل تعلم مدى خطورة تسرب المياه داخل الجداران او الارضيات التى هى اسقف لغيرها من الاماكن ؟ قد يؤدى ذلك لحدوث كوارث كبيرة منها انهيار السقف او المبنى بالكامل لا قدر الله لان ذلك يؤدى الى تلف مواد البناء و حدوث الصدأ نتيجة تفاعل الماء و الحديد و الهواء .
شركات تنظيف خزانات بجدة
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركة تسليك مجاري بالرياض
شركة عزل أسطح بالرياض


alwafaa campany said...


شركة تنظيف المنازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالدمام
شركة الوفاء

qoya said...

One of the best articles ever. Honestly, it deserves more and more depth. I had the pleasure of reading your article and I am proud of you for what you offer in your blog. You are an example of blogs that provide useful content.
من أفضل المقالات على الإطلاق صراحة تستحق التعمق أكثر واكثر لقد سعدت بقراءة مقالك وانا فخور بك وبما تقدمه في مدونتك ف انت مثال للمدونات التي تقدم محتوي مفيد

تنظيف موكيت بالدمام
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالدمام
شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بيوت بالدمام
شركة نظافة بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة نظافة عامة بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالاحساء

StilesMok said...

I wish I was talented and patient like u. You can get more patterns about 3D Easter Cards on the website. View more designs from them.