Saturday, April 30, 2011

Transplanting

Planting

It was a perfect day to sit outside and do some much needed re-potting of my tomato plants :)

Tomatoes

I can't believe how fast they have grown! This will be the last time I re-pot them until they make their final trip out to the greenhouse which I hope is very soon. I'm so excited because hubby and I found some great big pieces of glass for the new greenhouse he is building me and I'm hoping that when he comes home he will be here long enough to maybe nearly finish it *grin*.

Pinching Leaves

So with all of my tomato babies packed outside I got busy pinching off all of the leaves that were going to be buried underneath the soil in the larger one gallon pots...

Transplanting Tomatoes

and then filled each pot up with potting soil and a really healthy dose of cow manure. I think I must have filled each pot more than half full with manure *grin*. Mama wants some BIG tomatoes LOL.

Tomato Plants

When I started packing them all back inside I had just enough room on the bay windowsill to fit all of the pots. I guess it's the next best thing to having a finished greenhouse :) Maybe it will be good incentive for hubby as he really doesn't like it when I turn the dining room into an indoor jungle *grin*.

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Hugs,
Rosina

1 comment:

house full of jays said...

All those tomato plants look lovely (and rather enviable). Can't wait to see how big those babies grow!
I'm also looking forward to greenhouse pictures - that is very exciting!