Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter

Egg Carton Chick

Wow, it has been one crazy weekend and then some! Today is the first day since last Wednesday that I have been home all day and haven't had to travel into the city and it feels SO GOOD. Between swimming lessons, science group, picking up chicks, easter celebrations and an impromptu trip to Costco it's been go go go here :)

We had a lovely Easter though. On Saturday we had dinner with my sister and her husband and then my mom and I had a sleep over at their house so that we could go to the movies and catch a little retail therapy *grin* and today the kids and I went to my parent's house for an Easter lunch.

Cake Pops

After the great success I had making ice cream cone cake pops last summer I thought I'd try making some Easter themed ones so last night I whipped up a cake for making the balls. Hubby thought I was nuts *grin*. Out came the fresh cake from the oven and I proceeded to smash it up making a gooey mess with icing LOL.

Cake Pops

I love playing with these although rolling the balls in the chocolate was a little trickier as they had a habit of spinning on the sticks. Nothing a little stint in the freezer couldn't cure though and they were good to go *grin*.

Easter Party

We had all sorts of yummy finger sandwiches, vegetables and desserts...

Easter Pez

my mom had plenty of treats for the kids...

Egg Carton Chicky

and I think they ate enough cake pops and pez to induce a sugar overdose LOL. Thank goodness it's all over and tomorrow it's back to normal we go :)

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter to!

Hugs,
Rosina

2 comments:

house full of jays said...

I have a couple of trays of cake pops in my freezer awaiting the coating. Yours are so cute! (And I love the ice cream cones you made).
Do you use the meltable candy wafers or white chocolate? I think I will be tackling them for the birthday this week and have white chocolate on hand. Hoping it works!
Sounds like a super fun weekend!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

I use the colored meltable candy wafers that Wiltons sells. I've never tried coloring white before but I wonder if you use the gel type food coloring instead of liquid if it would work?