Wednesday, January 26, 2011

right now, I AM

Bald Eagle

....in awe of the magnificent bald eagles that grace our presence on a regular basis.

Today on the way home they were literally everywhere! The kids and I were able to watch them soaring through the air on giant wings, observed a group of them sitting on a log of driftwood calmly surveying the ocean before them and another appeared to be bathing in a stream leading into the ocean as other onlookers quietly watched from a distance. Of course my camera battery was blinking and I was unable to capture any of them on film but they will be forever etched on my mind's eye :)

During Hubby's last trip south an old friend came calling though and I thought you might enjoy seeing a photo. This is Boomer, a rather tame bald eagle that loves to come and check out what they are up to. He comes very close to the tug boat and isn't skittish when they take photos. How cool is that!

Hugs,
Rosina


right now I AM
Click the frog to learn more!

4 comments:

Mrs A said...

oh wow they are amazing birds, a treat to watch, lucky you !

cfgyexy6464 said...

Beautiful. I saw an eagle today too, but nowhere near as close up and 'photgraphable' ;-)
-Nikole

Grace said...

What a beautiful thing you are able to see.

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

Wow! Bald eagles right on your door step...that is such an amazing thing to get to witness!

:)Lisa