Friday, January 21, 2011

Her First Apron

Her first apron

As I was tidying in the kitchen this morning my little girl kept running by with pieces of fabric from my scrap bag showing me quickly and asking my opinion on how I liked the owls, or did I think the trees were a pretty shade of blue and to express her sheer excitement that she had found two pieces of matching gingham large enough for her project :) It's not often to find larger pieces in the scrap bag so this was a major find for her but she still wasn't revealing just what it was she was making *grin*.
I so wanted to go and peak in the doorway to her room and see just what it was she was up to but I didn't want to spoil her fun so I waited and watched her slip past with more fabric as she gathered and returned ones that didn't fit her needs :)

Her first apron

After a while she didn't return again and I could hear her humming softly in her room. When she finally reappeared she was grinning from ear to ear as she walked proudly out with her brand new apron that she had made for herself :) And what a magnificent job she did!

She had found strips of apple fabric long enough to be the sash and there were two large pockets along the bottom which she explained were for her recipe cards and her measuring spoons and she was ready to bake.

I just love her creativity. She had a vision of what a special apron of her very own would look like and she snipped and stitched until she had created it just like she had imagined :) I can't wait to do more projects together with her. I think that she may be just about ready to start learning how to use my sewing machine and use a real pattern! Oh are we going to have some fun *grin*.

Hugs,
Rosina

12 comments:

Hopewell Creek Designs said...

She did a great job. I love a crafty chica as I was called recently,and thought that was a cute way of saying someones caught the crafting bug!She maybe crafting & blogging along with you one day
:)

Amy Friend said...

Oh what fun!!! I am waiting for the same interest to show here. She did a super job.

nunu said...

that is so cute! she did do a fantastic job. i love the scraps she chose. the pockets are the best!

Jenny said...

wow! She did a great job!

Anonymous said...

love the owls. so cute, L. Great job.

marcia said...

Love the apron!

an award for you
http://www.childinharmony.com/2011/01/heartfelt-thanks.html

happy day!

Jennifer Hoots said...

Grace likes to do similar things with doll clothes. So sweet!

Grace said...

How precious. I love the two different size pockets.

ONe PiNK FiSH said...

Love it. She put alot love into the project and it turned out wonderfully.

house full of jays said...

What a proud mama moment!!
She did a great job!
P.S> Did you try the bread? I'll be curious how it works with hand milled flour!

Julie said...

Oh, wow, she did such a great job! I don't which of you would have been prouder.

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

I can just imagine the excitement she felt as she stitched away in her room, and how delighted she must have been to show you what she created, and how thrilling it must be for you! I so love to imagine a lifetime spent stitching with my girls!