Thursday, March 18, 2010

Jumper Pleats

Pleated dress

I pulled out the pieces to L's jumper this afternoon so that I could get a little more work done on it. I had mentioned a while back that I was going to attempt to place some contrasting fabric inside the pleats and today was the day.

I must admit I was a little scared when I started hacking up the front skirt panel into pieces *grin*. With the original pattern folded and refolded into the size I though it should be I removed 2 portions of the corduroy and then sewed in the contrasting pink fabric. I just LOVE the two colors together :)

One down and two more to go! The backside has another 2 pleats to replace and then it should be smooth sailing. That is until I get to the zipper. Can you imagine that there was no zipper that matched the turquoise fabric? Well actually I'm not surprised at all as we have very limited choices in my neck of the woods so I've got an invisible zipper in cream that they assured me would be the solution. Hmm, we'll see. I'm not so convinced because if any portion of the cream colored zipper shows it's definitely going to stick out :(

~ Rosina

1 comment:

Jennifer Hoots said...

That's beautiful. I love the contrast.
Jenn :-)