Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Flickr Favorites ~ Crewel


1. felted stone covered in french knots, 2. crewel embroidery, 3. crewel embroidery, 4. Crewel: 26

I love thick & chunky crewel embroidery. It's just so delicious looking *grin* Definitely something that I would love to be able to devote more time to.


Say It With Stitches, originally uploaded by Artdoodads.etsy.

As I was searching for embroidery photos I came across this pattern book for the most adorable children's embroidery patterns. I wonder if I can find this at the library or on ebay. I could definitely have some fun with it :)

How about you, any crewel or other embroidery books that are your favorites right now?

Have your own flickr favorites and want to play along? Visit Mitsy over at Artmind to join in the fun :)

~ Rosina

11 comments:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

I can't stitch and my handsewing is really basic but I love to look at all the beautiful craftmanship.

Florcita said...

I didn't know it was called like that, crewel. Beautiful pics and yeah... I like that too!

Ooty said...

I love it too!!! The only problem is that ever I was little girl I was kept telling that it will hurt my eyes =P so I limit myself to 30 min. if I do this=D

Unknown said...

Flickr Jinx! :)

I love your white rabbit! Have you seen the movie yet? I spent the entire movie looking at the costumes, especially the White Rabbit's. He has some amazing embroidery done to his smock. (I don't know if you'd call it a smock, but it's the only thing I can think of to call it.)

Anyways, I too would like to devote more time to stitching! :)

Unknown said...

Lovely item, I wish i could do something like that...

Giselle said...

Love this..!!

Spotted Sparrow said...

Oh wow, I love these textures! It makes you want to reach out and feel the pics.

Clair said...

I'd love to work on my embroidery techniques and these delicious photographs are really good inspiration. Thanks!

Green Hand Studio said...

Oh soo cute!

I bijoux dello Stregatto said...

Beautiful!! I'd like so much to have the book!!

Courtney said...

I love crewel! I managed to snag a pretty flowering piece at a thrift store a few months ago, but I've never tried to do it myself. If I knew my way around needles, thread and fabric, I'd definitely have more of it in my home.