Monday, March 15, 2010

Flickr Favorites ~ Hex Mania



1. Hexagon Quilt , 2. Grandmother's Flower Garden, 3. hexagons, 4. hexitis macro

I'm having a serious case of hexagon envy! *grin*. I thought that I would oogle some of the other hex projects happening on flickr and came across so many beautiful quilts. Oh my! So colorful and so many variations :) I also stumbled across a really interesting tutorial on how to do an invisible ladder stitch for binding quilts. I just might have to try this out :)

I've finished ironing all of my little hexagons for L's little dolly quilt and I ended up cutting out four new ones in a solid green linen that I had so that I can do a little freehand embroidery on them. I'm not sure if I will stitch her initials or little flowers or what yet but now that I've added them I've got the option to make it a little more personalized for her :)

Have your own flickr favorites and want to play along? Visit Mitsy over at Artmind to join in the fun :)


2 comments:

enikő said...

I love your collection, too. So colourful and full of joy...

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Happy hexagons, happy Rosina! :)