Thursday, November 11, 2010

News from Haiti

Enjoying their crayons and books
Photo via {GAIN (Global Aid Network) Canada}

Remember those little notebook and crayon sets that the kids and I made and sent to Haiti with my uncle about a month ago? Well I just got an email letting me know that he had posted this photo on the GAIN facebook page of some of the children enjoying them while waiting to see a member of his medic team :) I can't wait to share this with the kids in the morning!! They will be so excited to see pictures :)

We have been following along in the news with updates on Haiti. Hurricane Tomas struck Haiti causing flash flooding and evacuation in areas just before the GAIN team landed and tonight my aunt told me that they were rocked by a fairly strong earthquake and rioting as well. All this on top of the cholera outbreak that is spreading. I know that any prayers for the safety of the volunteers and for the people of Haiti would be greatly appreciated :)

Hugs,
Rosina

4 comments:

Jennifer Hoots said...

Oh Rosina, what a neat thing to be able to see your efforts bless others. Usually we send things off, but never see the people.
Jenn

Kiersten said...

So beautiful to see! What a wonderful effort you made! I deeply admire it!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Hi Jenn :) It really was SO neat for the kids to actually see what happened to the books :) It's hard for the youngest two sometimes to really picture where the stuff we send goes to so this was a real treat :)

Hi Kiersten :)
Thank you so much :)

Angela {fussycut} said...

That is so wonderful that you got to share the picture with the kids. it must've made their giving so much more real. :)