Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Itching To Plant

rototilling

I've been feeling a little bit under the weather the last couple of days so I apologize for the lack of blogging. I've been hitting my pillow pretty early and it's been cutting into my blogging time as I usually post in the wee hours of the morning *grin*.

I'm super excited as my garden got a final rototilling today and now I can get out there and start shoveling the rows for planting! We got hit by frost the other morning and it damaged some of the young trees so I'm definitely going to wait until closer to the May long weekend before really setting any of the warmer crops into the ground as we should be safe from any cold weather by then :)

Remember my poor broccoli & cauliflower that was completely eaten by the sparrows? Well I had left it in the ground with the slight glimmer of hope that it may recover and low and behold there are actually some little green leaves starting to come out of the center of them!! They look absolutely horrendous still but they just might make it after all *grin*.

Well I better go :) I've got a new copy of the Old Schoolhouse Magazine that came in the mail today and I think I'm going to curl up in bed and read a bit before snoring LOL. I'm hoping to do some blog hopping tomorrow and catch up on my nature buddy blogs and maybe share some pictures of L's dress as it's getting closer to being finished :)

~ Rosina

4 comments:

Jennifer Hoots said...

Your dirt looks so rich! I will be eager to see your garden after you get it planted. Glad to hear that you have replanted what the naughty bird ate.
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Sorry you aren't feeling so well. Have missed you. :)
We were hit by a frost last week too and our Rose of Sharon (which was started from seed and sat on our counter all winter) got hit and now all the lovely leaves are gone. I hope it comes back.
We wanted to get some stuff done this coming weekend as it's been raining all week and this weekend is supposed to be 20 and sunny. We'll see. I might put it off a week or so too. Looking forward to "seeing" you soon. xo

Anonymous said...

Love the new banner!! I am itching to plant too and I'm also digging those pathways in the garden. LOL Maybe today. Forecast says sunny and 75. Kel is still fine tuning the chicken door. He said he will get the links so now I need to let him have the computer. *grin* Have a great day!

craftydill said...

Hope you are feeling better! Your garden is going to be wonderful!