Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Umbrella Blessings



Ooh, I'm on a roll! Two blocks in two days *grin*.
Thank you everyone for all of the kind comments you left yesterday on my Clothesline Blessing Block :) You're all so sweet!

Today it has been raining like crazy and it made me think about my umbrella and how blessed we are to have such a thing so that we can venture outdoors and explore nature even while the heavens are pouring down on us.

Bunny & Umbrella Blessing Block

I have been smitten with bunny rabbits ever since creating my white rabbit embroidery and mixed media piece for the Alice in Wonderland swap I participated in so I just had to make my little person a bunny *grin*. A pretty little girl bunny dressed in a ruffled sundress amongst the flowers.

This is exactly where I could have been found today.... stealing moments in the flower beds between rain squalls LOL.

Happy stitching,
~ Rosina

10 comments:

Melissa said...

I have been loving your blocks as you reveal them. You are inspiring me to try some things forming in my crafty little brain. I thought it couldn't get better than the garden patch but the laundry on the line was so sweet!

Jenn4Him said...

You are on a roll! I agree with Melissa. I didn't think the garden could be outdone. Wowza!
Jenn

creation said...

hi .
I love your umbrella.
I like them so much that have a collection of varity of them.bunny looks really cute and cloth line is inspiring me.
happy stitching
greetings
Rachana

paula said...

I had to go back and look at your Alice in Wonderland White Rabbit.

On all of your designs your cloth is SO SMOOTH . . . how do you keep it that way?

DO you use a hoop when you embroider or do youu just hold it in your hand?

I am becoming SO ENTHRALLED with the embroidered blessings . . . it has been so many years since I embroidered I think I am feeling a pull back to it. ~ :o} paula

eileensideways said...

adorable, so sweet. i am partial to umbrellas.

Anonymous said...

I am speechless! :)

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Hi Paula :)
I do use a hoop when I embroider. I've got a large 16 inch one that I usually like to use for these sorts of projects and it really helps for keeping everything smooth.

Another thing I always watch carefully is how tight I'm pulling my stitches keeping them just barely tight so that I don't bunch the fabric. I have a terribly heavy hand and if I don't watch I have quite the mess *grin*.

It is so wonderful that you are enjoying your blessings blocks. I don't get to do a lot of embroidery but when I do I enjoy it immensely :) Have a lovely evening!

Anonymous said...

Rosina...yeah, living closer would be nice. :) Even my husband thinks your work is incredible. Seriously, it's blowing me away. And it's okay to have a few plain ones - make the others POP! xo

Kim said...

WOW. I'm so impressed with your creations. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing the pictures of your work on your blog.
Praising Him,
Kim

tongfengdemao said...

I love how you go outside the boxes! I should do that since I have so many more than 100. The bunny with an umbrella is soooo cute.