Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rosy Red Rhubarb

Delicious Rhubarb

Mmmm, I just love rhubarb! It's so good in jam, compote, pies, cobblers and more! My husband actually loves to eat it raw dipped in a bit of sugar. A little bit to tart for me that way but a great treat :)

Our rhubarb plants are exploding with rosy red stalks waiting to be eaten so I've collected quite an arm load that is sitting in the sink waiting for me. I haven't quite decided what I'm going to do with it tomorrow. Perhaps a pie or even some syrup that makes a very refreshing drink.

I've got a whole wheat and oat pastry recipe kicking around that I'm just dying to try out so I'm thinking that there just might be a pie in my future *grin*.

~ Rosina

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

There seems to be more and more variations of drinks that are coming out using rhubarb. I am looking forward to trying out a few.

Anonymous said...

Send some to me. :)

Anonymous said...

Kel loves strawberry rhubarb pie. He accidentally ran over our rhubarb with the lawnmower... Would love to hear how the pastry crust comes out. The breads are the one food group that make me think twice about Nourishing Traditions diet. How will I bake without white flour!?