Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thrift Store Find ~ Hankie Quilt

Hanky Quilt

I knew there was a reason I was collecting vintage ladies hankies :)

Check out this super cute hankie quilt! Each of the squares had a different hankie sewn on and then embellished with bits of ribbon and buttons. So easy and what an inventive way to use them up :)

Hanky Quilt

They were asking $40 for it so I left it to be discovered by another thrifter *grin*. I've got a few hankies with little lacy trims and embroidered flowers and some of the more plain jane ones but I'm definitely going to have to keep my eyes peeled for more and put this on my future project list :)

Here are some great vintage hankies that I found on Etsy :)



1. Exquisite vintage petit point 2. Vintage valentine hankies 3. Vintage handkerchief hanky 4. Vintage embroidered rose 5. Vintage hankies 6. Embroidered elephant in polka dots 7. Embroidered flower vintage french 8. Valentines day 9. Vintage printed hankie

Maybe I won't have to wait until I can find more at the thrift stores with all of these great hankies just waiting to be snapped up on etsy *grin*

~ Rosina

3 comments:

Jennifer Hoots said...

Sorry you had to leave it. It is lovely. But, I know you can make one yourself and it will be even more special.
Jenn

Little Family Fun said...

What a great idea. I have some vintage squares from my grandmother that I've been trying to figure out what to do with. This is perfect!!
You've got a great blog here!
Linda
littlefamilyfun.blogspot.com

Michellee said...

O My Goodness!!! I love this quilt!! Thanks for sharing the pictures and idea... I like your blog too..