Thursday, February 25, 2010

Gardening Catalogues

Go Canada

We just had to stop and take a photo the other day when we went down island of this great Inukshuk atop the big rock in Campbell River :) Someone was definitely bitten by the spirit of the Olympics *grin*.

Gone is that beautiful blue sky that was in the above photo and it's raining again but I've been cheering myself up with thoughts of planting my garden! I've been ordering from West Coast Seeds out of Delta, BC for quite a few years now and I've got my new 2010 catalogue dog eared already with my new favorites and old faithfuls :)



All of their seeds are untreated & GMO free and there are some new certified organic seeds as well. Quick note though, it appears when you do a quick glance through the first pages that all of their seeds would be organic with all the certified organic stamps and write up flashed but only seeds listings that specifically say they are organic actually are. I was really hoping that all of the seeds were now organic but some is better than none!

If you're in Europe, specifically England I just received a fabulous seed catalogue from a company called Sarah Raven's Kitchen & Garden and it is just chocked full of organic seeds!! So many interesting and very different vegetables to choose from.

seed catalogue

I was particularly interested in the organic bean seeds that they have. We live in a colder climate and there is a cool climate pole bean named Borlotti Lingua de Fuocco that can be planted in April which is nearly 2 months ahead of when we can plant our usual bean seeds and another broad bean named Super Aquadulce that can be sown in February or September for a fall/winter crop. Sadly though it appears that they don't ship outside the European union so I guess my crazy winter bean dreams will have to be put on hold LOL.

Do you have a favorite seed company that sells organic seeds in Canada or ships to Canada that you could share?

~ Rosina

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't have a favourite catalogue to offer up but I wanted to say thank you for the review of these ones. With end of February upon us, it is time to start ordering up our organic/heritage/ non GMO seeds so that we can start indoors...May 2-4 is just around the corner!

Anonymous said...

Try Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. www.rareseeds.com, one of the most beautiful seed catalogs I have ordered from!

Brista Kenyy said...

The best article I came across a number of years, write something about it on this page Free Seo Tools

Yolanda R. Skillman said...

Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject best mp3 converter

Youtube to MP3 said...

YouTube videos to mp3 (audio) or mp4 (video) files and download them for free - this service works for computers, tablets and mobile devices.
https://mp3converter.to/en6

Jennifer blog said...

I truly appreciate this post.Much thanks again. Much obliged. Webpage

Rochie Grey said...



Hi everyone! Hope you are doing well. I just came across your website and I have to say that your work is really appreciative. Your content is exceptional. The ease to use your site is remarkable. I have been searching for sites related to different industries. If you are looking for heat press machines. Here is the link of best site website https://www.heatpressreview.net/