Monday, February 15, 2010

Flickr Favorites ~ 2010 Olympic Games



1. Happy 45th Birthday, Maple Leaf Flag, 2. Olympic City, 3. B20100531_Ski_Jumper, 4. Vancouver_Olympics_Luge_OLYBO155.JPG

Friday was the official kick off of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games here in Canada and boy did they put on a spectacular opening ceremony!! We missed the first airing of it on the television so my husband and I actually started watched it at midnight to see what we had missed and boy am I glad we did :)

We had the chance to see the torch pass through when it started its cross country journey and now I'm putting together a scrapbook for the kids with all of the best photos and articles that I can get out of the newspaper. The Vancouver Sun is dedicating quite a few sections of the daily paper to covering all of the events and so on so I am really looking forward to reading it and watching some of the games on the television with the kids to :)

How about you, are you doing anything special as this games unfold?

Have your own flickr favorites and want to play along? Visit Mitsy over at Artmind and join in!

~ Rosina

10 comments:

inge said...

I'm not such a fan , but I saw also the opening wich is everytime a beautiful spectacle...

Icha Photography said...

That's a great mosaic! I wish I could be there to watch all the games alive. We watch olympic games at TV :)

Clair said...

I didn't catch the opening ceremony but I've been avidly watching the figure skating, the snowboarding and the luge. I love the winter sports!

Kuutydruk said...

I saw an opening too! It was an amazing show! Congrats! :)
It must feel really special, if you have olympics almost on your backyard :)

Giselle said...

Yes, the opening was so beautiful..!!
I love figure skating, such elegant sport..

Have a great week..!!

Green Hand Studio said...

Wow how amazing to be soo close to all the events!

Spotted Sparrow said...

I've been watching the games too. The opening ceremony was beautiful! Love the mosaic.

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

IT must be such an exciting event when it takes place in your home country! I didn't see the entire opening ceremony but what I saw was rather impressive! Enjoy!

I bijoux dello Stregatto said...

I didn't see the opening but Olympic games are always a wonderful event!!

craftydill said...

What a great mosaic!
My husband got to attend the opening ceremony when the Winter Games were in Salt Lake City and said that there is a sense of awe in the number of countries represented and pride in being the host country! - Michelle