Thursday, February 11, 2010

First Blocks Done

paintbox square

I started cutting my first blocks today for the paintbox quilt :)
I had to do a little improv with the instructions as they call for 2 1/2 inch strips of the solid colors but I only had yardage in the solids and the patterned fabrics were supposed to be 10 inch squares but of course mine happen to be in strips so I'm working all the blocks in reverse *grin* It's all working out though :)

paintbox square

I decided to go with the classic blocks since they are the easiest to assemble and sew together in just a couple of minutes.

paintbox square

So here are the very first two in contrasting colors. I can't wait to get some more sewn up! I just love the bright color combination :)

~ Rosina

6 comments:

zsazsazsu said...

Great colors and mixes !

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Thanks :) I'm just crazy about bright colors right now *grin*

Daisy said...

Beautiful! I love the colors also.

Jennifer Hoots said...

Very pretty, indeed! How many will you make?
Jenn

Sadie from allnaturalme.com said...

LOVE love the orange florals ~ looks lovely with the green!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Thanks everyone for all the sweet comments on my blocks :)