Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yarn Along

A post of my current read and what is cast on my needles ~ Inspired by Ginny over at {Small Things}

First glove done

One glove down... one more to go!
This knitting thing is going better than I could have ever hoped now that I've completed one glove with the correct number of fingers *grin*. I'm just a little worried that I might not finish in time for his birthday this weekend!

Making Fingers

I'm loving the pattern that I'm using as it is so straight forward. Nothing to complicated except for casting on a few stitches in the middle of your knitting but I found the handy little video on youtube that I've shared below showing me how to add the stitches and it is really simple :)

Now if only I could master how to read and knit all at the same time like some of you guys do! I'm reading Don't Make Me Count To Three by Ginger Plowman and loving it. So far it's on disciplining your children by getting to the matter of what's really going on in their heart along with using the scriptures and I'm learning so much from it :) I just need to squeeze in a little more reading time LOL.

Can't wait to see what you are all up to this week and last week Jen at S/V Mari Hal-o-Jen shared her Ravelry name and I thought it was a great idea to find yarn along friends and see what other things everyone is knitting or wanting to knit. So if you would like to be my ravelry buddy I'm RosyPosyy *grin*.

Hugs,
Rosina

24 comments:

house full of jays said...

Those gloves are looking fantastic! I'm sure you'll get them done on time - you are so close! I admire all the fingers....thumbs are my least favourite part of mittens!

Anonymous said...

Gloves, wow. Like Rachel I have great admiration for anyone with the patience for knitting all those fingers. I made mittens once, and may never do it again...
My ravelry name is 46south

Unknown said...

I have yet to attempt a glove or mitten, but not sure I could do all those fingers!! It looks really good and I love all the helps on youtube.

Kathryn said...

I would love to knit gloves for my kiddos, but am too scared to take the plunge. Thank you for posting the video though, maybe one of these days I'll get brave!
My ravelry name is kathrynscheib

Heidi said...

Your gloves are looking great! I'll definitely have to add those to my to do list. I love Yarn Along, but my to do list always increases exponentially.

Joy said...

Beautiful gloves. I love that tweedy yarn!

Wendy said...

I've never tried gloves before--they're looking great!

Elizabeth said...

Lovethe gloves. I;ve been intimidated by all those fingers! I've heard mention of don't Make Me Count To Three. Sounds like a book we could use around here right now. Some definite discipline/heart issue. Love the ravelry name share - I'm heartfelthome.

Blessings, Elizabeth

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

I added you to my Rav friends, though I must tell you I haven't posted a new project in ages! Too busy knitting them! Great job on the gloves!

Josée said...

Ooo looks great! I have yet to graduate to the five fingered mitt.

Genevieve said...

The gloves are beautiful!

Sarah said...

The gloves are coming along beautifully! And that book looks like a good one. I will look you up on Ravelry. My name is morethanenough7.

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

Wow - oh - Wow!
That glove looks phenomenal!

Jess said...

Beautiful glove!
Also, I would love to be ravelry buddies, my name is fifthlampdown.

Anonymous said...

I added you on Ravelry. :)

Funny enough - the backwards loop cast on is the way my grandma originally taught me to cast on. My guess is she thought it would be easiest for me when I was seven. It was fine after the first row...but that first row was hell. :)

The glove looks great. He's going to love them. xo

Open Roads Mama said...

Love how the gloves are coming along - when done, they'll be perfect for the cold winter we have here in BC right now! :)

Barbara said...

Great gloves. I'm impressed. I've done mittens but never gloves!

Jennifer Hoots said...

You amaze me!

Jen said...

Oh wow those gloves are awesome!!!! I've been knitting "toast" because I am SO AFRAID of making gloves (I could go with mittens but for me I'd rather my fingers be available). These look great! I'll head over to Ravelry to "find" you there....I loved Jen's idea of linking up there too! I'm "JeninRI" so you know who it is when I find you! :-)

Karen Sue said...

Working on a second pair of socks, but my friend wants to do gloves..no thanks!! I'll stick to the socks a few more times...

Sweetness and Light said...

WOW, gloves!!! You are a brave woman, all those fingers and they look so perfect! I love the heathered yarn too, it knit up so nicely. I friended you, so glad you're there too :)

Natalie/Woolhalla said...

Your gloves are looking awesome! I can't read AND knit... that's just too much for me. I do donwbload books from the BC library system and listen to audiobooks while knitting though...

KnitterMama said...

WOW is right! Those gloves are so impressive. I can't believe how beautiful they look!

JoAnn said...

Lookin' good! I may knit some for myself.