Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Yarn Along

A post of my current read and what is cast on my needles ~ Inspired by Ginny over at {Small Things}

Spring Chick

Well I still haven't decided on what big project I want to do next so in the meantime I'm having fun playing around and making spring chicks *grin*.

Spring Chick

I found the pattern on ravelry (linked above) and used a double strand of wonderfully fuzzy Mohair by Marks & Kattens which is very forgiving if you make any booboos as the fuzz really hides all *grin*. I love how it turned out and my youngest two couldn't stop petting it! They are convinced that I need to make many more of them so that I can tuck them into their Easter baskets :)

Looking forward to seeing what you have been knitting this week!
Oh, I nearly forgot to share what I am reading right now! I just picked up a copy of The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I'm barely into the first chapter but I'm really looking forward to reading about how she made her happy life even happier. Right now she's talking about getting more sleep so that she can have more energy to take on her project and that is definitely something I could use. I know I don't get near enough rest and if I take anything from her book it may be to just get to bed a couple of hours earlier each night so that I can wake up and really feel like I'm ready to tackle my day with a happy heart :)

Hugs,
Rosina

23 comments:

house full of jays said...

Rosina, this is the sweetest! Ginny's Fuzzy Lamb and your chicks make wonderful Easter gifts!

the momma said...

that is sooo adorable!!

Unknown said...

I love the chick! Really sweet. I just finished reading the Happiness Project and found it very interesting. Enjoy!

Tara said...

I agree with your children. You should definitely make more chicks for their Easter baskets. Very, very cute.

Nadja said...

Cute! Perfect for the Easter baskets!

Heidi said...

Rosina, what cute chicks! I was going to make the little knit basket at Living Crafts, but these chicks might be even better! More sleep would be wonderful...hmm...

MJ said...

Oh cute chicks!!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

How adorable is that little chick? (I thought it was a little duck at first!) So cute and perfect for Easter!

Jess said...

What a sweet little chick!

Sarah said...

Cute little chicks! Just perfect for Easter baskets!!

Elizabeth said...

Love the chicks! How cute will they be in an Easter Basket? And the book sounds interesting.

Blessings, Elizabeth

Pattycake Manners said...

That chick is adorable!! And I'm half way through The Happiness Project and loving it. A great new perspective on lots of everyday stuff.

Jarka said...

lovely chick! so cute! :)

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

That is the cutest thing I've seen today!!!

Sweetness and Light said...

the chicks are SO cute!! My daughter wants to make some now :) Happy rest of week. xxoo

Natalie/Woolhalla said...

Love your little chickee!!

Kristi said...

So sweet! I need to start making little cute things like that. I'm such a big projecter that something small like that looks fun!

Christina said...

I love that chicky! I am also really interested in the book...I hope you'll leave a full review at some point. Who couldn't use a few tips on a happier life?

Hopewell Creek Designs said...

Oh I love your little chickie! So sweet. Today the weather is so warm and sunny...only 2 weeks ago it was snowy and sub-zero.No wonder I now have a cold. So I loved to see your post it makes me think of spring and Easter and gardening! =)

KnitterMama said...

These chicks are the cutest/sweetest/most awesome chicks ever!!!

Gretchen R said...

So so cute!

Kaylana said...

Maybe mohair is what I need to use on my next quick knit project. I need some forgiving yarn right now. :-)
I'm looking forward to seeing what your next *big* project will be.
Have a great week!