Friday, October 1, 2010

Potholder Planning

Christmas Fabrics

I've been digging through my fabric piles looking for Christmasy prints so I can get right down to business working on my holiday potholder for the PP5 swap :) I happened to just purchase a charm pack of Moda's 12 Days of Christmas so that is going to come in mighty handy and I have the name of my secret partner and what she likes so I'm ready to roll *grin*.

potholder design

Originally I planned to do something with cathedral window blocks for the top of the potholder but being my usual indecisive self I thought that maybe that just wasn't going to be creative enough for my partner so I got to sketching :) So far I've come up with these chubby birdies and some random shapes surrounding them with the heart on top which I thought was cute.

What do you think? If it's done in the Christmas fabrics and maybe some freehand embroidery to embellish the bird backs....

I haven't worked out all the kinks yet but I've got it started so that's one step closer to the mailing date at the end of the month *grin*.

Hugs,
Rosina

3 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

Gorgeous design! I am looking forward to seeing the finished result!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Jill said...

Hi Rosina, I hope you are my swap partner again - that design looks great. I too have been going through my Christmas fabric stash to make the potholders for this swap.