Sunday, October 17, 2010

Stumpwork

Stumpwork Acorn

Part of my holiday potholder swap requirement is to send along an ornament and in one of my old Inspirations magazines is a beautiful stumpwork pattern by Jane Nicholas that I have been dying to try out.

Stumpwork Acorn

By covering the piece of felt with floss I'm going to end up with a super sleek acorn shape and I've got a real acorn top to put on it :) I've made some little red berries and a raspberry that is made up of nearly 100 french knots but I need some little beads for embellishments. I thought that I had some seed beads I could use but unfortunately they won't go over the eye of my needle :( Don't you just hate it when you start a project and you don't have everything you need to complete it?!

I'm going to have to raid my mom's craft cupboard tomorrow and see if she has anything that I can use otherwise I'll have to wait until I head into the city later this week. I'm off to let my poor fingers rest as my fingertips are burning from all of the pinching and pulling of my needle today *grin*.

Hugs,
Rosina

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it when it's done. Sounds like it'll be super sweet. <3

Unknown said...

G'morn Rosina ~ That looks like a great idea ... anxious to see the finished creation.
Have a beautiful week.
TTFN Hugs, Marydon

Terriea Kwong said...

Stumbled into your blog. Love all and the geese was terrific.

Anton Dcruze said...

I really appreciate your efforts for this blog. This is so informative. Keep it up and keep sharing such posts.
Sometimes it is difficult for students to manage their studies with job. In academic life they have to make lengthy assignments and assessments due to which they don’t get enough time to focus on studies. Therefore many students seek assignment help in australia. Many different subjects where students mostly seek online assignment help are SITXFSA001 assessment answers Help, Management Assignment Help, bsbdiv501 assessment answers, etc.

Nathan n said...


A committed traffic attorney works to protect drivers' rights and maintain justice while navigating the complicated legal system on Fairfax County's busy roads. This attorney vigorously defends clients against traffic offences, ranging from speeding tickets to DUI accusations, with an acute attention to detail and a strong passion for justice.Abogado Tráfico Condado Fairfax