Friday, March 18, 2011

Peer Pressure

Brush Load

I can't believe it but I caved in to the peer pressure..... I bought hotdogs *grin*

My dad has been building up a giant pile of brush with all of the hedgings and tree limbs he's been collecting so that we can have a giant bonfire. Of course if one plans to have a bonfire then there just has to be weiners involved! We only have hotdogs once maybe twice a year if the kids are lucky and you should have seen the surprise on their faces when I tossed a package into the cart today. Even hubby had to give me a ribbing about caving in to my dad when I never let him have any LOL.

I'm actually looking forward to the fire, roasting marshmallows and making s'mores :) Mmm, so sweet and yummy! I love watching the kids try and keep from turning theirs into little charcoal blobs and ending up with marshmallow from one end of their bodies to the other. Okay, well maybe not the marshmallows stuck in their hair part *grin* but the joy it brings them from the simple act of a marshmallow on the end of a fresh alder stick cut straight off the tree :)

Spring is so much fun!

Hugs,
Rosina

1 comment:

Jennifer Hoots said...

LOL. I hope you got some that were at least organic or something. :-)