Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Yarn Along

My first sock

I know that Ginny isn't hosting a yarn along this week but I just couldn't wait to share with you how my first sock is coming along :)

I did it! I can hardly believe that it is actually taking shape but I'm really knitting a sock *grin*.

Sock Heel

I was a little worried when the instructions got to the part about forming the heel but I just followed them step by step, slipping stitches and knitting and purling and it started to take shape. It's absolutely amazing what just a few knitting stitches can create!

Now if only I could stop but I have a feeling that I may be knitting into the early morning hours tonight just to see how my little sock is going to turn out *grin*.

Hugs,
Rosina



Looking for more crafty ideas or inspiration? Pop over to Natural Suburbia's Creative Friday and see what others are up to :)


13 comments:

nunu said...

it's so cute! good work!

Elisa said...

Good job!! It looks fantastic. Ok, you have to share the pattern with me. I want to make a sock so bad!

eidolons said...

I looooooove that yarn!

I'll hopefully be taking a picture of my yarn along/WIP soon - if the kids let me. (:

loulee said...

Cool! What a great sock. Something I have still to master.

Canadagirl said...

What pretty yarn ! I am knitting a pair of socks right now too. They are going to my MIL asap. I am hoping by tomorrow to post my lasted knitting projects. *grin*

Blessings and ((HUGS))
In Him<><
-Mary

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

thanks everyone :) I think I posted the link to the pattern in my last yarn along but in case you missed it the pattern can be found through ravelry at:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/most-basic-kids-sock

Elisa said...

Thanks! I thought you had posted the pattern, but of course, I forgot. I've got it in my queue now!

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

Congrats!!! It looks terrific. (Rainbow yarn and all!!!!)

Andréann said...

Awesome! And those colors... very yummy...

..But I still has no wig cap for my daughter's doll...I need to get back at it!

Sarah said...

Your sock is looking really great! I want to learn to knit socks, too ... Maybe in 2011 =)

WonderWhyGal said...

Hooray!
Your sock is looking great and you turned the heel so the worst part is done. At least that seems to be the scary part for me. 2011 will be the year of me knitting my first socks.

Love the colorful yarn you picked.
Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Melissa Plank said...

Those socks are going to be beautiful! You have inspired me to knit a new pair of sock!

Anonymous said...

I love rainbows, no matter what shape they take :)