Monday, April 26, 2010

Flickr Favorites ~ Green Wedding Favors



1. Essence of Summer, 2. Trio of Trees in Burlap, 3. DIY Green Wedding Centerpiece Favors, 4. Bird Seed Heart Favors With Custom Tags

With Earth Day having just passed and the fact that the wedding season is kicking it into high gear I thought it would be fun to share some ideas for earth friendly wedding favors :)

If I had my wedding to do over I would have loved to have given away tree saplings for guests to take home and plant in their backyard! And check out those place settings above... a potted herb would be fabulous as they could be taken home and be used as cooking spice later. Or how about making homemade jam? A delicious treat and extra special because you made it with love :)

The possibilities are endless! Seed packets with your names & wedding dates filled with flowers or vegetables to be planted or how about cloth market bags to replace one plastic bag each time a guest goes shopping the next time :) Think edible, plant-able or re-usable when picking a favor this year and the earth will thank you!

Want to join in the fun and share your flickr favorites? Head over to Misty's blog and join in!

~ Rosina

19 comments:

I bijoux dello Stregatto said...

Beautiful ideas for a wedding!
Sweet mosaic!

Icha Photography said...

Lovely mosaic! I love different wedding ideas! :)

Nauli said...

Great ideas! Not only for a wedding :)

Ooty said...

Lovely ideas for wedding! You are so right about giving out plants that is such a great idea, my brother is getting married at the summer he could use this idea =)

Sabahnur said...

very sharp and interesting phtos. love them all

florcita said...

These are all very cool ideas!

inge said...

beautiful pics and I like your ideas...

Unknown said...

these are wonderful pics and lovely ideas!

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Indeed fantastic ideas to give people somethign to remember after the party. I love it when gifts are meaningful and last more then just one day. Great inspiration!

ira said...

Oh the colours so pretty:)

Clair said...

Great ideas, especially for spring weddings when everything is starting to grow :)

LeelaBijou said...

very beautiful!

Jennifer McLean said...

OOh, purty! And so fresh looking. :o)

Unknown said...

I read the articles and all the things here inside this blog .,I got many information

that. I really need .Thanks for sharing.

discount koozies said...

I visit your website once in a while and I just have to mention that I like your template!

Mercedes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mercedes said...

Nice pictures! I really like your originality and how organic the wedding favors are. I would love to have these or something similar when my husband and I wed in the spring.

Drew Watts said...

These are lovely wedding favors and hope this information will help me in decorating my brother’s ring ceremony venue. Booked one of beautiful Chicago wedding venues and hope to have a grand time at the wedding.

Anonymous said...

كشف تسربات المياه