Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Vintage Find

Vintage Sheets

I hit the jackpot!!
On my last visit to the thrift store I hit the mother load of vintage sheets *grin*. As I rummaged along the racks of bedding, tablecloths and fabric remnants I couldn't find anything but worn out bedding and kids sheets but there at the end of the isle was a bin full of sheets that had been deemed worthless and were a quarter of the cost of the rest of the ones hanging.

Vintage Sheet

I nearly passed it by but thought what the heck... one little look won't hurt. Good thing I did :)

Vintage Sheet

I just love the bold colors and big flowers and they are going to be perfect for quilt backings or maybe even a funky quilt top :) Now I just need more!! LOL.

Ironing Mini

My mom surprised me with this great little mini ironing board today to. I've been running back and forth from the table to iron pieces for my QAYG quilt and this is going to be perfect to set up right beside my sewing machine. I'll be able to cut, iron and sew all without moving. Plus the backside of it is so yummy with it's retro flowers and gaudy orange LOL.

Hugs,
Rosina

3 comments:

Unknown said...

great finds indeed! I love the vintage sheets don't you? I have been enjoying making Freckle's jammies from them I made the second pair of jammie pants this week, now for the nightgown! Have an awesome week and be sure to share what you do with them hugs,MICA

Anonymous said...

I love vintage fabric! :) Thanks for the lead on the Enki. I'm being super frugal with the trial switch. ALGF is pretty decent and fits our needs at the moment. I plan to CM and unschool any extras we need. :) I need to get my beeswax crayons and better water color paints. I have the quilt that needs to be done too. LOL Biting off more than I can chew already this year school year! lol

Gadgets UK said...

I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post’s to be precisely what I’m looking for. Does one offer guest writers to write content in your case? I wouldn’t mind creating a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome site!