Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Undies

Patty Young Interlock

I have been sitting on this stash of super fun knit fabric by Patty Young waiting for the perfect project because you know I didn't just want to make any old thing with it *grin*.

So when I spotted the cutest little pairs of childrens underwear on flickr the other day I just had to make some for my little girl to :)

undies

The pattern is by That *Darn* Cat and is available in a PDF format delivered right to your email inbox pretty much instantly. You've got to love that! No waiting for the snail mail :)

So far it's super easy. Just two pieces for the girls undies and there are TONS of photos to go along with the instructions so you really can't mess it up *grin*. I haven't done much sewing with knits so simple is good :)

undies

Unfortunately though I didn't realize that I needed a cotton/lycra blend for the leg and waist band so I'm going to have to hit the fabric shop for a bit of matching fabric to finish them up. On the plus side there is absolutely no elastic involved!

So much for working non stop on my quilt as you go quilt though! All I've got is undies on my brain now *grin*. Now if only they came in a larger size than a child size 8. Apparently Hubby is in need of some new underwear to because when we went shopping together last time he somehow bought himself a package of size 'small' underwear! Here I thought he had it all under control down the undie isle and he came home with speedos! Not that I'm complaining LOL.

~ Rosina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Not that I'm complaining."

HA! I'm laughing SO hard. What's to complain about when our men show off what they've got. :)

The undies are really cute. Can't wait so see them finished. xoxo

Melissa said...

Those are going to be adorable! Thanks for sharing the link too, I think this would be a great way to use u some fabulous fabric pieces.