Thursday, September 9, 2010

Quilt As You Go ~ Quilt-Along Round 2

get ready to party!!  mama's heading it up!!  ;)

I'm super excited because I got asked to participate in round 2 of the Quilt As You Go quilt-along that is being hosted by the fabulous Heather of A La Mode Fabric!

Quilt batting

There are sooo many ultra talented quilters participating and I can't wait to see how their blocks shape up. We get to do free motion quilting on the squares, one block at a time in any design we like so I'm looking forward to trying out the free motion foot that I actually bought for my machine a couple of months ago but have been to scared to use *grin*.

When I was in the city yesterday I stopped by the fabric store and picked up 2.5 yards of a gorgeous 50% organic cotton and 50% bamboo quilt batting that should be enough to complete a queen sized quilt. It is so incredibly soft it's unbelievable. It's nearly a shame to have to quilt it inside the layers later LOL.

quilt scraps

I definitely have no shortage of scraps either. My scrap bags runneth over *grin*. We're making Wonky Log Cabin blocks and I have tons of shorter pieces for most of the block but I'm hoping that I can find enough larger scraps for the outer edges of the blocks as I think we're supposed to end up with a 14.5 inch block. I just might have to cut into some of my good stash!

I'm hoping that tomorrow I will be able to get a couple of blocks sewn together after we finish up our schooling and chores in the morning. If I get them done I'll share with you how they turn out :) I can't wait!

~ Rosina

2 comments:

Laura said...

That quilt batting is luscious! Should make a wonderful quilt.

Anonymous said...

A wonky quilt square is something I could do! I need to think in squares if I am going to take the plunge. I also loved your crochet post with the pretty squares. This could be just the thing to ward off rainy day blahs. Now I need a comfortable height table for my machine... hmmm.

I just love your blog Rosina. :)