Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Farewell Summer... Hello Fall

Allium

Today was officially the last day of summer but I think it left us well over a couple of weeks ago. September 1st brought rain, clouds, cool weather...

firewood

and today we officially started to burn the wood stoves again.
Hubby cleaned both of the chimneys last weekend making sure they weren't clogged with any soot from last winter and he and the kids spent the morning filling all of the wood boxes to the top.

For now we won't really do a lot of burning but just enough in the mornings to take the chill off or to warm up the house after a couple days of repeated rain which really brings the temperature indoors down. I'm looking forward to snuggling on the couch under my blankie though and watching the fireplace crackle *grin*.

QAYG block3

While they all did the manual labor outside I took to my sewing machine and got a couple more blocks for my quilt as you go quilt finished :) I actually managed to tear myself away from my underwear making so that I could get back to what I had originally been doing *grin*.

QAYG block 3

I really do jump from project to project at lightning speed and could seriously use a task master cracking the whip behind me to get some of my unfinished projects done! Sometimes I think that blogging helps because I feel the need to show you all what I've been doing LOL.

I haven't quite decided if I'm going to give this quilt to my daughter for Christmas or I'm going to keep it for myself yet *grin*. I do have a whole stash of fabric that I bought for a special one for her so I'm sort of leaning towards keeping for myself. It would be so bright and cheery folded on the bottom of my bed :)

What projects are you working on right now? I'd love to stop by and see what you're all up to!

Hugs,
Rosina

No comments: