Wednesday, September 22, 2010

right now, I AM

mystery fish

.... still stumped as to what type of fish this is that the kids found in our irrigation ditch, with its spiky back and more spikes on its underside. It is providing us with a GREAT opportunity for research!

mystery fish

I'm inspired by Earth Mama to take part in her weekly post of a simple sentence and a photo that inspires me or makes me take notice of what blesses me each and every day :)

right now I AM

Below is an excerpt from her blog:

Today, I am starting a series called "right now, I AM". Every Wednesday I will post a post with one image combined with a short sentence that starts out as "right now, I AM...". This simple exercise helps me to take a moment out of my day to open my eyes, take a look around, and see something wonderful that is right in front of me that I can truly appreciate. Whenever I do this simple task, I can feel my heart swell with gratitude for the life I have.

Maybe you will join it to :)
Hugs,
Rosina

3 comments:

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

Wow, that is an interesting fish. I can see two sharp spikes on the back. I hope you find out...definitely a cause for some research, especially because you found it nearby. Have a wonderful day!!

:)Lisa

Anonymous said...

YAY...you are joining in. I think I've seen that fish in other photos. I must figure out where it's from...
xoxo Debbie

Anonymous said...

That is a stickleback fish.