Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes

Pumpkin Strips

I couldn't bare to see our Halloween pumpkins go to waste especially since we grew them ourselves. So I've been chopping away at them all day, skinning and cubing them up for the freezer. Of course though instead of just packing it all away like I had planned to I ended up making 2 pumpkin pies and a batch of pumpkin pancakes *grin*.

I thought I'd share my recipe for my pumpkin pancakes which are both delicious & nutritious. Just don't tell my children I put a vegetable (or is it a fruit) in their pancakes! LOL.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup raw pumpkin pureed in the blender
2 cups of milk
2 eggs
3 tablespoons of sugar
2 cups of flour
dash of cinnamon

Mix all of the ingredients together with a whisk until smooth and use one ladle of batter per pancake. This recipe is for a crepe type pancake so you will want to spread your batter out all around your pan to get a nice thin pancake :)

If you like the fat & fluffy type of pancakes I use the exact same recipe except I add 2 teaspoons of baking powder to it when I mix the batter and of course you don't need to spread the batter with these ones as you want them puffy!

These get rave reviews from my kids every time and I'm sure you will like them to :)

~ Rosina

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe. :)

Sandpiper said...

I will definitely try that recipe! Sounds delicious! I was wondering how to freeze pumpkin, I didn't know if you needed to cook it first. I bought a variety of pumpkin especially for making pie.

Jennifer Hoots said...

Thank you! I've been looking at our pumpkins, feeling guilty that we did not carve them, and now I can give them a new purpose!
Jenn