Thursday, January 5, 2012

Apple Nachos... How have we not met before?!

Apple Nachos

How is it that I had never heard of apple nachos?!

I was reading one of my new favorite blogs, Manifest Vegan, when I came across a very interesting recipe for a fruity nacho. Hence the apple nacho name.

Apparently this recipe has been around for quite a while and I seriously must be one of the last few people in the blogosphere to hear about it! Basically it's just thin slices of apple, and then I drizzled on a wee bit of organic peanut butter, unsweetened coconut, almond slivers, walnuts and a few chipits for fun :)

In the original recipe I linked to above she uses pecans which would be awesome to and what about a few dried cranberries on there instead of the chipits? I am SO doing that next time!!

What a great snack it made for the children this afternoon when their tummies were growling and it was way to early for supper :) It's pretty healthy right? I guess maybe the chipits aren't LOL.

Okay now be honest... if you have never heard of apple nachos you have to let me know that I'm not the only one that missed out on this fun food idea *grin*.

Hugs,
Rosina

8 comments:

Katie said...

Apple nachos? My daughter would LIVE on this!!!

momma rae said...

you are not alone sweet rosina. ;) and thanks for the lunch idea!

verdemama said...

Mmmmm, looks good, I'm with you :)

Sandpiper said...

I have not heard of them either! But I'm definitely going to tuck the idea away for the 3:00 munchies!

house full of jays said...

There are new to me, too. But yum! - They sound like a fun snack!

Unknown said...

Girl...my goodness what a yummy snack. No I have never heard of Apple Nachoes. Awesome idea...I think I might try different nut butters.

Anonymous said...

What? Apple nachos?? That looks so yummy . . . and oh! the possibilities when it comes to toppings! I'm trying this tomorrow. :-)

Sue said...

Oh Boy...maybe cashew butter...can't wait to try it!!!