Monday, May 7, 2012

Bento Box Quilt For A Special Boy

Strips

My sister gave birth to her very first little one on May 1st making me a Tante (aunty) for the very first time! Yay, so exciting and to celebrate I want to make him his very first quilt.

I've been looking for the perfect pattern or idea for a boy's quilt for quite a while and when I saw these photos for a Modified Bento Box I sort of fell in love with it *grin*. So much in fact that when I started digging through my fabric stash I had my ipod in hand so that I could consult with her photo to match up similar colors LOL.

Getting started

So far I've cut all of the center blocks out but since I don't have a pattern to give me exact amounts of fabric to cut I'm sort of just winging it when it comes to how many strips of fabric I will need. I didn't want to cut too many just in case I don't use them all so I may have to stop and do some more cutting before I get to the end but I'd rather do that then end up with a bunch of three inch strips I don't need later.

I had planned to spend the entire morning sewing away but my daughter seemed to have other plans and ended up pulling me into a little sewing project of her own so this is about all I got finished today :) I think I have about a month and a half to finish though so that should give me plenty of time to finish it... should being the operative word as I have been known to be a bit of a procrastinator. I just may end up at the baby shower with bright red blood shot eyes from pulling an extreme all nighter to get it finished in time. Let's hope not though! *grin*.

Hugs,
Rosina 

10 comments:

Carrie Bostek said...

What wonderful colors...what a lucky little guy to get such quilt.
Is he still in the making or already with us?


With All That I Am
Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

Jennifer Hoots said...

Oh, how adorable! It's going to look great. He's a fortunate little guy!

토토사이트 순위 said...

Excellently shown. I loved every quote, and I appreciate you sharing the information.

카지노사이트 순위 said...

Certainly, great work! It was really engaging and wonderfully written. Thanks.

바카라사이트 said...

This is an extremely well written article. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.

메이저사이트 said...

I am quite sure I'll learn lots of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

토토사이트 추천 said...

Thanks for sharing this information. It's always helpful to learn something new.

토토사이트 said...

Hi, excellent blog. This is helpful facts to us, keep it up. Have a great day!!

신용카드현금화 said...

Thank you so much for this fabulous information, I’m always in touch with you

소액결제현금화 said...

Interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like it