Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Getting Ready for Saint Nicholas

For Saint Nicholas

There was much anticipation as the children pulled out their wooden shoes for the arrival of Saint Nicholas tonight and filled them with carrots and hay for his horse :)

We have spent the last couple of days reading some of our favorite books like the Legend of Saint Nicholas and The Baker's Dozen and of course we had to pull out our Veggie Tale movie of Saint Nicholas as well. It just wouldn't be complete without the veggies *grin*.

Holly Wreath

I've been sneakily collecting a few special books for their gifts in the morning and this year to make their gifts special I made these little wreaths with holly leaves. I just cut out a cardboard wreath shape and then used my hot glue gun to glue them all around the cardboard circle. Really easy and I think I'm going to make a bunch more for the rest of my christmas gifts :)

Brown Paper Packages

 I just love how they turned out and now I'm off to fill their shoes with nuts and other goodies before they wake up because I know they will be up before the first light of morning. There will be no sleeping late for mama tomorrow :)

Hugs,
Rosina

1 comment:

Renee Reeves said...

Health benefits of spicesspice1

Red, yellow, green, black, brown…a color riot that exudes aroma. A mere pinch can take away your health woes while giving your food a flavor that is unparalleled. No wonder Indian spices are “smoking hot” all across the globe!
http://miamivalleycleaning.com/